Find Information On Affordable Health Insurance Plans Insurance designed especially to cover serious illness Health insurance cover does not normally cover patients which are suffering from cancer and who have a history with heart conditions. Additional coverage would have to...
Birthday Cake (Snowy White)
- sifted cake flour – 2 cups
- baking powder – 1 tbsp
- salt – 1/2 tsp
- egg whites – 4 at room temperature
- granulated sugar (finely ground in a food processor or blender for 2 minutes) – 2/3 cup
- canola oil – 1/3 cup
- buttermilk(room temperature) – 1/2 cup
- vanilla extract – 2 tsp
- almond extract – 1 tsp
- Seven-Minute Frosting
- Arrange the oven racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 8-inch round baking pans with parchment or wax paper rounds and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt onto a sheet of wax paper.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the whites until foamy, 1 minute; gradually add 1/3 cup of the sugar and beat until firm peaks form, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In another large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine the oil, remaining 1/3 cup sugar, buttermilk, and vanilla and almond extracts; beat until well blended, 30 seconds.
- Whisk in about half of the flour mixture, then alternately fold in the remaining flour with the beaten whites.
- Spread evenly in the prepared pans and bake 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a rack and frost.
Nutrition Facts (without frosting): Calories 270; Calories from Fat 71; Total Fat 8g; Saturated Fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 272mg; Carbohydrate 46g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 24g; Protein 5g.
This recipe yields 10 servings. Serving size: 1 piece.
Exchanges Per Serving (without frosting): 3 Carbohydrate, 1 Fat.
Comments: This is the snowy-white cake so many of us associate with birthdays, a perfect match for the fluffy “Seven-Minute Frosting”. Because this cake is so delicate and light, it requires careful preparation: make sure the ingredients are room temperature, and that you’ve measured your ingredients precisely.